If you or someone you know would like to learn more, the Lighthouse provides information, help and hope.
For 106 years, Lighthouse International, a non-profit organization, has been helping people with low vision or blindness overcome the challenges of vision loss to lead safe, productive and independent lives.
There is always something that we can do to enhance the quality of life for anyone facing vision impairment — and to help their families and caregivers.
Lighthouse International has a variety of services and programs that can help!
- Low vision care by expert eye doctors to maximize remaining vision
- Rehabilitation services to restore safety and independence for people whose diminished sight puts them at risk of injury, job loss and other disabling consequences
- Early intervention services and an integrated preschool, enabling infants and young children with impaired vision to meet key developmental milestones and to learn alongside peers who are sighted
- Social services to help people cope with the emotional and life-altering challenges of vision loss
- Music school — the only community music school for people with vision loss in the US — offering accessible instruction and a music technology center
- Research and participation in clinical trials of ground-breaking technologies that promise to restore sight
- Continuing education for vision and rehabilitation practitioners
- Advocacy on behalf of people with vision loss in Albany, NY, on Capitol Hill — and around the world
Support the Lighthouse! Our work relies on the generosity of individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations to support our programs and services. A gift of any size helps us provide people across the spectrum of vision impairment with the skills and strategies they need to remain safe, independent and active at every stage of life. Donate today!
Sign up for our newsletters for more information on Lighthouse International.