On May 4, 2014, 32,000 cyclists will ride through all five boroughs of New York City on a 40-mile, traffic-free ride that crosses five major bridges, travels past many of our City’s iconic landmarks and celebrates the joys of riding a bicycle.
The Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® team will be riding to raise awareness of the importance of vision health and care and to raise critically important funding for programs and services that help people of all ages overcome the challenges of vision loss. Your participation is critical to our success!
Single cyclists are welcome and tandem bicycle riders are encouraged! Tandem bicycle riding is a great way to partner sighted riders with riders with impaired vision. If you are interested in being part of a tandem team, please let us know!
The fundraising minimum for this event is $1,000 per rider/participant.
Each member of the Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® team will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour
- First wave VIP and Charity start – in a field of 32,000 riders, cyclists riding for charity start first
- Exclusive Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® team custom-made biking jersey
- Light breakfast at the Start and lunch at the Charity tent at the Finish
- Personal Fundraising page and fundraising tips and support from Lighthouse staff
- Invites to Lighthouse events
- Option to purchase additional Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® team gear
To secure your spot on the Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® team or for additional information, please contact Sarah Tate Richmond, Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations, Lighthouse International email@example.com or (212) 821-9374.
Last year, Lighthouse¹s participation in the TD Bike Tour made the news! Click here to watch the video.