LightYears: Lighthouse International Salutes the Arts is an annual gala that pays tribute to those who are “light years” ahead in the fields of interior design, music and film. Proceeds from LightYears support vital Lighthouse programs and services, including The Filomen M. D'Agostino Greenberg Music School – the only community music school for people with vision loss in the US.
LightYears 2010 was held at The Plaza Hotel in New York City on November 22, 2010. LightYears 2010 was dedicated to saluting the art of film, a visual medium that has long portrayed the challenges and successes of people with vision loss.
The 2010 honorees included:
- Charles S. Cohen, President/CEO, Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation, Philanthropist
- Clo Cohen, Philanthropist
- Julian Schlossberg, Producer and Director
- Tom Sherak, Revolution Consulting Services, Philanthropist
- Dr. Madeleine Sherak, Educator, Film Producer, Philanthropist
- Robert Osborne, Primetime Host, Turner Classic Movies
Watch the video:
View the photo slideshow: