Accepted Insurance Plans – Lighthouse International
Lighthouse International is committed to providing care for the entire community and has partnerships with many insurance providers. Please note that covered services and programs vary by insurance plan, so it's important to verify your specific benefits and coverage with your carrier.
Lighthouse International currently participates as a contracted provider with the insurance companies and networks listed below. If you don't see your insurance listed or have questions about insurance, please contact us at 212-821-9624 during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our staff will gladly answer all of your questions.
Accepted Insurance List
We currently participate in the following insurance plans (as of April 2013).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield & Medi-Blue
- Cigna (only as a secondary insurance)
- The Empire Plan
- Independent Care Services
- Medicare + any secondary insurance (Medigap)
- Metro Plus
- New York Hotel Trades Council
- OptumHealth Vision
- Oxford Freedom & Liberty
- Oxford Medicare
- Senior Healthcare Partners
- Today's Option (Medicare Advantage Plan)
- United Behavioral Health (Mental Health)
- United Healthcare (United Health CareSelect Plus HMO, Select POS PPO, Choice Plus HMO, Choice Plus EPO, Plus Choice POS, Select Plus PPO Option, United HealthCare PPO Open Access)
- Visiting Nurse Services (VNS Choice-Medicaid)
Note about insurance:
Today, most health plans require patients to pay for a portion of the services they receive. If your insurance requires copayments, please remember that these are due at the time of service.
Many insurance plans require a referring physician or prior authorization. If your plan requires one, please bring the name and phone number of your referring physician when you come for your appointment. If you have any questions about your insurance and coverage for a Low Vision eye examination, please call us at 212-821-9624.